Beta

 DC Racing Beta

 

Happy to be finally able to say that i am pretty much finished my game. All aspects of it are working and its enjoyable to play.  


My games main menu.

The track selection menu.

Game play screenshot of my game.

Overall i really enjoyed creating this game and learning many things along the way. I ended up changing my track three times during the course of me creating this game but i am happy i did because my two final tracks are great ones. 

Some features i added to make the game a bit more interesting is the best lap timer and a lap counter. 

The game will remember and record the best lap time that the player sets. 

Some of the features that i had planned to add to the game wont be able to make it as i am running out of time and i think my game is really good as it is. 

Some features i did include were,  Level Music, Countdown Timer, Lap Timer, Lap Counter,  Rotating Camera, Driving Controls. 

Created my own custom tracks using items from the unity Asset store.

I really enjoyed taking on this challenge but if i could do it all again i would choose an easier game to make like a 2D plat former or an endless running game. 

I ran into a lot of problems throughout the making of this game but there was many tutorials out there that helped me along the way. 

Upon finishing up with my game i am very happy with the result but mostly happy that it is now out of the way and i can focus on other modules too.



 

 

Comments

  1. Hi Darragh, happy to see that you are done with your game, I know from personal experience that it can be very challenging, but you got there and that's what matters in the end. Your game looks really interesting and well developed, looks like a professional racing game. I like the features you chose to include, i.e. the lap timer and best lap timer, it lets the player see a difference in there previous lap when compared to there current lap, good idea. I understand what you mean by having to cut features due to lack of time, it does be annoying when you have an idea for something and it can't be seen through exactly how you want it, though the features you did include will surely make an impact on any player who plays the game. Happy to see you all done your game and wish you luck in your other modules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darragh, jeez what a game you got here, looks unreal, honestly you should be really proud of yourself, all the hard work paying off, the game also looks like a lot of fun, really like the idea of adding in the option to play two different levels. Its sad to hear that you cant add all your features would of liked to see them and I am the same just running out of time and had to change a few things around but all apart of the experience. Really well done and you should be proud of your work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts