Game Idea Research

 Game Idea Research 



 Last week when i started brainstorming one of the idea's i came up with was a racing game! Racing games are some of my favorite games, I am currently playing Forza Motorsport 7 & Forza Horizon 4. 
Both of these games are probably some of the best racing/driving simulation games out there at the moment and they both have a lot of great game mechanics to offer! 
 
For my game i would like to create 3 different maps with 3 game modes: 

Time Trial 
 - Build a race track and set three time limits, bronze, silver & gold. The player has to cross the finish within the time limits to earn a score. - optional mechanic, add players best race as a ghost so the player feels some competition. 

I looked this up with a simple google search to see if it was even possible to create a time trial based racing game in Unity and from the results i found it seems pretty easy. 
This video is only 8 minutes long and after watching it i think it would be easily implemented into my game. 



Drift
- This mode is all about setting your own high scores and trying to beat the default ones set in the game. I will create a drift track and a drifting car and when the players car reaches a certain angle as they turn the corner they will earn points. 
I also found a few interesting tutorials on how to make a car drift in unity and it also doesn't seem to challenging so i feel it will be easily implemented into my game.





Free roam
This mode is just about having fun, the player can earn points from doing drifts and hitting objects on the map. 
For this mode i would try and create a really enjoyable track that the player wouldn't mind playing again and again. i want them to be able to gain unlimited amounts of points and let them break their own records every time they play. 

















Comments

  1. What's up Darragh, how are you? I like your game ideas. It is obvious you've put some thought and research into the game mechanics of your game. It's good to see your confident in your skills and that the game concepts will be achievable for you. Personally I love driving and racing games, like you said yourself the game mechanics in some games like Forza are so good. It almost feels as if your driving a real car. I'm looking forward to having a go of this game. All the best Darragh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darragh I thin your title went a bit wonky on this post but he game ideas are great there all related to cars what you could do it put it all together and make a free roam drift time game if you’re really going to put in the work. I like the drift game as I don’t really seen many of those kind of game primarily focused on drifting. You could make some interesting tracks and make it a competitive type game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darragh, your game ideas seems really great! It is also good that you watch some video tutorials that are similar to your idea and I can see that you are interested on the racing type of games. Adding a time limit to your first idea is also a good way to make your players feel competitive and they could enjoy your game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darragh
    So your going to do a racing game then I had that in my brain storm too but I decided to go with a puzzle / maze game instead. I hope this game idea works for you but I have to ask will there be any kind of story to the game going on in the back ground or will it be just that a racing game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darrage hears my WWW feedback
    I have to saw I like the idea about a racing game I like the idea with the drifting to get extra points it seems interesting and so does the free roam choice I always enjoyed game that have something like that.
    But I understand that this is a race but will there be any AI racers to compete agents and not just the timer. Another thing I don't know about this game is how is it all going to work like what kind of lay out the race track is or what style it will be in.
    Hope you don't mind if I give a few suggestions to you game to make it more interesting what it when you get 3 golds in a row you get a bounis level, and what if instead of just a timer you could race agensts AI driven cars and maby add a few ramps to the race track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darragh!
    I really love your game idea; I think it can be developed well and a really fun game to play! I really enjoy your writing because you describe everything really well and it was really easy to grasp and understand. It painted a picture in my mind! I'm also doing a racing game, but it seems like a much similar version of yours! I like how you added a different modes! That's a really good idea! Will there be any other cars in the game you're racing against? I thought about this but didn't go for it in the end! Really enjoyed it overall, Best of luck! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darragh, I think your game idea is really cool and could end up looking very professional with the right assets and dedication. I really think racing games have become popular among the group and for good reason, they're very fun and can be designed differently when played! I really am looking forward to your idea and hope you do really well with it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts