Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking back -

Overall i enjoyed very few of the readings given for the reading tasks each week, i struggled to get through most of them. 

All tough one reading that i did enjoy was Design Considerations. I liked this one because it covered all different aspects about game design. It also highlighted how important designers really are when it comes to making a game.  

My weekly blog post about the reading tasks are quite helpful it is always handy to be able to look back and check up on my notes. 

A reading technique i found best for myself is to use a text to speech app and instead of staring at a screen with a load of cluttered words i can sit back, listen and take notes and what i deem necessary, i think this technique works best for me because i found that when i was doing the readings i was getting headaches. 

Game project - I'm quite happy with my game choice and I'm finally happy to see it coming together but i think i should have done a bit more planning when i was in the period of doing my brainstorms. The unity tutorials really opened my eyes to how easy it can be to create a great game idea. They were great little games and was a fully functioning game within a few hours. But I've put quite a lot of time into my game and i wish i chose an easier idea that wouldve took a few hours rather than a few days, but i will have to manage and get it done. 

My biggest accomplishment in this class so far would probably be my game, i think it is going well so far and if i keep at the pace i am going now i think i will have a great game when it is fully finished. 


This will be cover photo or title screen for my game.

I created the above photo in illustrator simply just by adding text. 

 

 

Looking forward - 

Looking forward i may start doing more of the reading tasks and this time i will try my best to read them and take notes as i go.


Comments

Popular Posts