Prototype

 Here is my prototype so far. I found some decent free assets to use on the unity asset store so i quickly put them to use, i found the perfect car for racing and the perfect car for drifting so now its time to tune their controls and make it feel as convincing as possible. 

Some things that i am struggling with at the moment is the collision with the track and the vehicle, its not the best at the moment with some minor clipping through walls and invisible barriers so thats something i will have to fix.


I am only realizing now how my idea was probably too out going and may need to be toned down to reduce the workload on myself as i think even one of the game mode ideas would still be a great game

 

At the moment im still working away at meeting most of my targets and i hope i am able to achieve them all before the deadline



Drift car on the left and racing car on the right.

Comments

  1. Hi Darragh, I read through your project posts and thought your idea was really cool. You have loads done from what I can. The assets you used look really good. What game mode would you want to stick with if you can't do everything? Do you think if you had more time to complete the game you could do it? If so, how long? I find it really interesting, I'm looking forward to following along on the progress. I found I was out of my depth too so I don't think you're alone in needing to tone your game down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darragh, Just after reading your blog here and I'm guessing this are going well for you which is good. I'm really liking what in seeing so far its really cool and detailed and looks fun. Lucky you found decent assets to help you will your prototype. Looking forward to how the game is going to look like in the end Good Luck.
    -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darragh!! Really great prototype you got here buddy. Wow I really like the way in which the cars in your game have turned out they look so good, they really look so realistic and very well done for finding an asset like that. I wonder was there a script that came with them cars, that would make life a lot easier if it did, because I would say it would be hard to try and make a script to make a car drift. What if you where to find a track for drifting on the unity asset store rather than creating one yourself because that would take forever to design that so hopefully there is one out there. Overall great progress and really well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts