Game Version: Alpha

 This week i started off by redesigning my race track. I wanted to created a course that looped around on itself so the player can play more than one lap. 

Here is what i came up with. 


I have removed all the trees for the time being to improve performance on my PC and its helping a bit.

Overall i am very happy with how my game is coming along and i feel as if i have hit a good mile stone, and now i only have a few small features left to add in.  

This week i also worked on the camera angle of the car, instead of just dragging the camera onto the car and it having no movement. I created a 3D Cube game object and i attached it to the car and created a script to the Cube could rotate freely and then i attached the camera to the Cube, this gave me a far better result. 

I also have been using Barriers from an Asset pack i downloaded from the unity store, and i was placing each barrier one by one and then copy and pasting them but i have figured out a more convenient way of doing it, Now i just place one barrier or wall and i just stretch the object to the size it needs to be, i also have to change the collider size but it just makes the whole process a whole lot easier on myself

Some features i plan to add next is a 3 second countdown at the start of the race, Obstacles on the racing track & Collectibles on the track. 

Below i will attach some progress screenshots of my game so far.

Here's what my lap time display looks like.


This is the working lap time display and it also highlights the best lap time.

My new starting and finish line. 



Comments

  1. i think it's a good idea that you have looped the track, you could possibly add an option to let the player pick how many laps they want to play.
    Do you plan on putting the trees back and will you add in more decorations to the world for effect?
    Will you add the countdown as a gui feature or as an object?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darragh really cool blog here, your game is looking great, good to see how far along it has come, over the past few weeks. I like how you have decided to go with a racing type game, something that is nice and easy to start off with when your entering into making games on unity. It is nice to be able to visualize what type of game you are looking at by looking at the pictures posted on your Alpha. It really helps me to see how you want your game to work and how it will run when being played. Great to see you getting the coding done, probably the hardest thing about this module. Some really interesting ideas on this project, seems like you enjoyed doing it with the amount of effort that I can see you put in. Overall really great blog and was interesting to read! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts